Sister Falco is a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Zambia Lusaka Mission. She will train at the South Africa MTC and arrive in Zambia on June 10th.

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Conference & 5 Months Down!

 
 
October 27, 2014
 
Hey family and friends,

This week has been really good. My new district is great. I love them all--good people who want to work hard. Change is always good. We finally got to watch Conference. Probably my favorite talk was Elder Uchtdorf’s when he talked about receiving a testimony. I loved when he talked about space and how once people assumed that beyond the Milky Way, there was nothing.  And then with more powerful telescopes, we learned that this wasn’t true—the heavens were filled with so many galaxies. That analogy blew my mind. I loved it. No one thought it was possible until it was done. I loved how he related this to finding light and truth. I am grateful for prophets and apostles. They are truly called of God. And what great examples they are of people who have given their lives to serve the Lord and really try to serve with all their heart, might, mind, and strength.
 
Raymond is totally avoiding us. It’s the worst. I don’t think I have ever really gotten emotional over an investigator but this is hard! I think its because I know he’s a good guy and has a really good heart. We won’t give up on him yet!!

We met a new investigator, Steven Michael! He will be a missionary one day! He is totally prepared. He came to all of General Conference!!! SUPER SWEET!!!!! Most of the members didn’t even stay for all of Conference! And Steven Lunguzi--the recent convert--stayed for ALL of Conference too. These people humble me. They are so devoted. And General Conference took longer to watch because every talk had to be translated by a member into Chichewa!

My companion is great. Her family are all members of the church but her parents are less active. Even with that, she still came on mission! I am so impressed with people who go on mission with little or no support.  She is a good person!

Well I am grateful to be a missionary. And I am grateful to know that the Gospel is true. I hope and pray that you all are trying your hardest to live the Gospel.

Love you!!
Sister Falco

 Sister Muthengo from Kenya & Sister Falco

No comments:

Post a Comment