Sister Falco is a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Zambia Lusaka Mission. She will train at the South Africa MTC and arrive in Zambia on June 10th.

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Time's Flying...4 Months Out!


Dear Family and Friends,

This week in Malawi has been great!! We are meeting some super sweet people and having some awesome investigators. Mission is the best. I am grateful for the opportunity that I have to be on a mission. It’s a privilege. It really is. And every missionary should realize the blessing it is to be a part of this work.  Well I can’t believe that I’ve been out for four months. It is crazy to me that I am that old!! Mission is flying by. But it’s the best. I don’t want to have any regrets and I want to serve the Lord with all my heart, mind, and strength.

We had a baptism this Sunday. I love the Lunguzi family! We baptized Sera, Sister Lunguzi’s granddaughter, and then after we went and visited with the family. Sera’s dad is ready for baptism and so are Elizabeth and Steven. It’s sweet. Edward, her father, doesn’t stay in their area. I love how this Gospel is centered on families and what a blessing to see this family being blessed with it. I am grateful for the opportunity I have to see a recent convert affect her family so much. I am grateful for this family and so grateful to be a missionary.

One of my favorite investigators is named Raymond. I love this guy. He is colored. If he doesn’t get baptized I think I will cry. I want him to have the blessings of the Gospel so bad!!  We met with him this week and he lives with a disabled kid that he took in from the village. Raymond has a sweet story. He already had the Book of Mormon when we met him. He got it in  the UK when he went to attend his grandma’s funeral. Raymond is the best. He is always happy and very honest and very willing to change. He came to church this Sunday. Answer to my prayers! Woot woot!

We met a guy named Dixon forever ago. He introduced himself and is a Baptist. He kept talking about all his duties as a Baptist and so we never really put in the effort to see him. And then one day we decided to call him and he let us know he’d read the pamphlet on the Restoration and he knew it was true! I hope he continues progressing. He has a lot of connections with the Baptist church so we will see. But he came to church this Sunday so that’s super sweet! And our first lesson with him was super funny. We talked about the Restoration and I was sharing the first vision and I forgot the phrase “pointing to the other.” And Dixon corrected me! Hahaha

Well I have been studying the Doctrine and Covenants. Our zone has challenged each other to read it in two weeks. I really love it. It’s made me want be a better missionary. I hope to be able to serve the best I can with no regrets. And honestly the more I study about God, the more I realize how much he expects from us, but at the same time he has this unconditional love for us. We have to put the Gospel first in our lives. God is forgiving and knows the intents of our heart. I am super stoked to have a family of my own. Its true…missions make you stoked for families.

Funny thing: I am writing this email on word, because there is no Internet here in Malawi.

I Love you… Remember to read your scriptures and pray and go to the
temple. Make the Gospel a priority!

Sister Falco!!

No comments:

Post a Comment