Sister Falco is a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Zambia Lusaka Mission. She will train at the South Africa MTC and arrive in Zambia on June 10th.

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Internet Issues


October 6th, 2014

Hello all…

So I wrote this week’s email on Word and then we lost Internet. We had to move to another Internet café after waiting a while. So I’m sorry if this email is short—the original one is gone!! And, it was a good one!

Here’s the VERY short version! MY WEEK WAS SWEET!! WE ARE MEETING SOME GREAT PEOPLE AND TEACHING SOME SWEET INVESTIGATORS!! I am sorry this is so short!! I promise it was longer!! Steven Lunguzi is being baptized on the 11th of October! And I’m getting a new companion this week. My companion is going home!! Pretty crazy!!

I was studying while my companion got her hair done. The topic was pride. And, yes, pride is the opposite of humility. As I’ve studied, I’ve come to know that charity is a good antidote for pride. Here is why:

"Pride is a sin that can readily be seen in others but is rarely admitted in ourselves. Most of us consider pride to be a sin of those on the top, such as the rich and the learned, looking down at the rest of us. But there is however a far more common ailment among us---and that is pride from the bottom looking up. It is manifest in so many ways, such as faultfinding, gossiping, backbiting murmuring, living beyond our means, envying, coveting, withholding gratitude and praise that might lift another and being unforgiving and jealous."

I’ve learned that the best way to stop doing something isn't just to stop it, but to replace it with something good. So what’s the opposite of pride? Looking for the good in others, speaking well about others, being positive, living within our means, being kind and wishing the best for others.

So I feel like developing charity is the best way to combat pride. (I hope combat is the right word.)
And I have discovered that 99% of the time if we have a problem with someone, it is us not them that has the problem.

That’s my little bit of inspiration for the week. I am thankful for everyone who wrote me and has supported me!! And I love you all!!!

Love

Sister Falco!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment