Sister Falco is a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Zambia Lusaka Mission. She will train at the South Africa MTC and arrive in Zambia on June 10th.

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

All is GREAT and No Fear of Ebola


October 8, 2014

Hey family and friends!!!!

This week has been great!! For those of you who are asking, I don’t know my new companion yet because I won’t meet her until Thursday. Until then I will be in a threesome with Sister Orr and Sister Proctor. They are both good, good sisters and I’m excited! I also have not watched Conference.  It won’t be here in Africa until October 26th. I did get to watch the Women’s Conference last Monday! It was great. The power has been out today. Man, this place! It’s so funny sometimes! It’s the best though.

I had an interview with my mission president recently. He’s a great guy and the best example of someone who serves with all their heart, might, mind and strength. He is so loving and compassionate and so faithful. I am blessed to know him. My mission president told me that I will be training my new companion. I think she is from Kenya but don’t quote me on that.

Sister Lunguzi is easily the most perfect investigator and member! She is the most charitable person I have ever met. She told us a story about a sweet family that was super poor and she decided to build them a small house. Now, she doesn’t have a ton of money. That same month, the Church asked her if they could rent her house for their meetings. So basically she spent money on someone else and then the church paid her to rent her home. I don’t know if I ever made that clear in any of my emails home, but she has been the landlord for the Branch for 4 years. She said it was a miracle. And everything she does, she does it out of love. She is one of those ladies that truly understands charity and forgiveness. She has been through a lot. She was married to a Madala (a big guy) and there was a family feud. She lost almost everything because she was the second wife. She has completely forgiven the “step kids and family.” She is so sweet. And currently she is offering shelter to a young girl whose family is trying to marry her off, but she is only 12.  I look up to Sister Lunguzi more than anything. It was a blessing to teach her and bless her life with the Gospel. Oh and we baptized her son, Steven Lunguzi, this Saturday.

Anita is coming to church and Enock is doing well. We are hoping to teach Enock’s father. He has allowed his whole family, including all the kids to join the church. He did come to Enock’s baptism but hasn’t made it to Church. He’s a good guy, super sweet. “I pray everyday to know if Prophet Joseph Smith is a true prophet, and I pray everyday that your sins will be forgiven.” Who says that! Only this guy! His kids tell us that he used to refuse to meet with missionaries and we are the first ones he has met with.

Raymond came to church!! This guy! I love him!!! He has made some mistakes in his life. But honestly HE IS THE BEST!! He is always laughing and he has a genuine heart and wants to know if the Church is true. We taught him the Word of Wisdom and he just laughed because he knows he has a huge problem with it. But he is progressing and I pray that things will work out.

Dickson lives in Mtsiliza. HE’S GREAT!!!!!!!!!!! Well kind of haha. He knows everything is true But he won’t come to church. He is like one of those investigators that understands everything and prays about things and can retell you the lessons perfectly. But he struggles to come to church. Last week he said he had to take his daughter somewhere which was probably true. And this week he said he had a headache and was sick. I mean you can only give him the benefit of the doubt for so long because we want to use our time the best we can.

Susan will be getting baptized next week. She’s 16. She always comes to church with the Chatango family (Enock’s).

Well that’s all for this week. Is Ebola still spreading? I have heard that it is. People aren’t afraid of it getting here at all. And I’m not either.
 
Love you all!!!!!! Mission is sweet!!

Sister Falco

No comments:

Post a Comment