Sister Falco is a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Zambia Lusaka Mission. She will train at the South Africa MTC and arrive in Zambia on June 10th.

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Crazy Week!

Bad Mom...this is coming a week late. I was out of town and didn't have much access to the computer so here it is and this week's email is coming right away.
_____________________________________
 
October 20, 2014

This week has been a crazy one for sure!!!!! I’ve been in a three-some waiting for my new companion to arrive.  We had big plans to work a few days in their area and a few days in mine but things happened that made it impossible to get to my area.
 
We went first to the home of one of the other sisters’ investigators and walk in and there are two dead-looking people on the floor! The mom is throwing up and the father is talking nonsense. We’re not sure what to do so Sister Orr decides to call our mission president’s wife, Sister Erickson. She agreed with us that we should take them to the hospital. So, we spent all of Sunday at the hospital. Monday was P-day and that evening we visited them again. (I asked Carly this week what they were sick with and it was Malaria). Tuesday we had zone conference, which was sweet. Then when we are parking the truck to work the area, a car hits our truck! And, this is the best part--we call 990 (Malawi’s 911) and there’s a recording that says, "the number you have dialed is unavailable right now." Only in Africa!! So I start stopping mini buses (taxis) asking anyone if they have a number for the police. We finally got the number and the police came and then took us to their office. It was clearly the other guy’s fault but they said it was ours. They asked us to come back the next day so they could have time to find more witnesses. We returned the next day and brought our Branch president’s wife who is a police officer. They didn't even argue and told us that it was the other guy’s fault! Crazy right!
 
Wednesday we spent the morning picking up the people from the hospital and Thursday we picked up my companion from the airport. So… it was a crazy few days and we never got to my area. My new companion is from Kenya and really sweet and will be a great missionary. She and I worked on her lessons and did get out and found some new investigators!

Brother Ntali agreed to pray and be baptized if he comes to know what we’re teaching is true!! We’re excited about that. Our goal is to teach more with members present…just wish there were more members in our area!
 
Raymond agreed to be baptized on November 23rd! We just need to help him overcome his addiction. So we will see!! SO PRAY Like crazy! I love this guy!! We taught Jeffrey Lunguzi (Sister Lunguzi’s son). The lesson started off kind of awkward but it ended strong and I think he is interested in learning more!!! So pray for him too!! We met McLean Kalipindi who is Steven Lunguzi’s friend and we are going to teach him hopefully with Steven there to help him feel more comfortable. And, we had a baptism this Sunday!

So even with all of the craziness, this week has been really great!  I know that this Church is true and I am so grateful for this opportunity to serve a mission. I hope I never take for granted this opportunity I have been given and I hope I do my best all the time.

Love you all!!!!  YOU’RE THE BEST!!!!!
Sister Falco! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment