Sister Falco is a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Zambia Lusaka Mission. She will train at the South Africa MTC and arrive in Zambia on June 10th.

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Two Posts in One--Wifi Problems @ the Falco's

We've had internet problems the last week and a half so you get a bonus today...the last two emails Carly's sent. :) Enjoy!!

January 19, 2015
 
Dear Family and Friends,

Well this week has been a blessing with some unique experiences. I am very grateful to be a missionary!!! The Mission President came for interviews this week!! It was very sweet!! He is one of the best people I know!!! BEST!!! Thanks mom for giving them a package. Sister Erickson said it was very sweet.

When I met with President, we talked about the goals he has for the mission especially concerning obedience. Our prophet has set a standard but our mission president wants to exceed it! He said our success is determined by our attitude, as we are obedient. When obedience becomes a blessing instead of a burden he believes that we can reach the goal of 750 baptisms. He also shared how he believes that the Lord’s hand is in this work. I believe it. It was such a blessing to be a part of MLC and to REALLY feel the spirit so strong.  . .I’m not ready to go home anytime soon J.
 
He also asked me what my personal goal was this year. I told him I want to be a consecrated missionary and devote all my time and attention to the Lord. And he said that he has gotten that response from basically every missionary because he believes that the Lord has really been working with the missionaries here and humbling them so we can reach that goal as a mission.
 
I’m in a threesome for the next four days with a future missionary from Malawi. She has been called to Uganda!! She was set apart when the President was here since we don’t have a Stake or District. I’m very blessed to have these experiences on my mission. This email is short because we spent most of the day buying her clothes for her mission.
 
I am happy to be a missionary. Keep reading your scriptures and praying.
Love you!

Sister Falco

____________________________________
 
January 26, 2015
 
Hey Family and friends,

Honestly, this week has been one of the hardest but best learning experiences of my whole mission. First of all, I have been very sick the past three days but am feeling a lot better. I had a fever of 102.7 on Saturday. They tested me for malaria and I don't have it. The doctors were out so I didn't get tested for anything else. I am pretty sure I had strep. While I was sick, Sister Muthengi had to go to the hospital, too, so I had to get up while I was very sick and drive her to the hospital. It was really hard but I feel better so it’s all good.
 
There were some other things that made this week very difficult but I need to not share them to protect the privacy of others. I did learn that YOU TRULY HAVE TO LOVE EVERYONE. And so often someone’s troubles come from their insecurities. I spent many hours on my knees and had to rely completely on my Savior. I do feel blessed for the opportunities like this that cause me to learn and grow. I’ve felt every emotion this week and being sick was just a great way to top it off.
The Lord has also blessed us like crazy this week!! We had nine investigators at church!!! We taught nine lessons and two of them were with people that are educated, financially stable and can help establish the church!! One of the guys even came to church in a car! I was talking to him while waiting outside during one of the classes and he said, “You can consider me already a member!” Such a blessing! I hope we can get him baptized before February 15!! We had a baptism scheduled last Sunday but the man had malaria so it will happen when he’s better!!
 
So all in all, it’s been great week!! I can't wait to teach the people especially those who can help in the growth and establishment of the church in this area!! I’m grateful for the hard times. I feel like when I go through trials I can see how the Lord blesses me even more after the trial. Mission just gets sweeter after a hard trial and realizing all that I’ve learned and experienced. For example, the first three baptisms we were supposed to have ALL fell through. And then the Lord blessed us with the Lunguzi family. The family that will forever be faithful and forever help the church grow. I am so grateful. It’s amazing. Heavenly father loves us. Even as we struggle he is just trying to teach us and make us stronger. I am very grateful for all that I have learned on mission!!

The church is true!! I love the Gospel!! Live up to your potential by living the Gospel. Look at your patriarchal blessing to determine what your potential is and do everything you can to fulfill the promises there.
 
Love you all!!
Sister Falco

Photos: MLC Group Shots & Lunch



No comments:

Post a Comment