Sister Falco is a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Zambia Lusaka Mission. She will train at the South Africa MTC and arrive in Zambia on June 10th.

Monday, January 12, 2015

A "Bright" Story

Bad Mom here...this is a week late. We unexpectedly went to California to see Carly's grandparents. Her Grandma passed away on Saturday. :( This week's email coming soon.

January 5, 2015

Family and Friends!!

Well mission was sweet this week!!! My favorite thing happened when we were teaching this sweet guy named Bright!  He is from Caderbay (Mom’s note: I think he lives outside the boundaries of the branch and so is unable to attend a branch because of distance). We were teaching him at the church one night. We were helping him better understand the Book of Mormon so he can help others better understand it in Caderbay. At the end, I was really curious how he felt not having the church where he lives so asked him. And he said "I feel like I’m on an island sometimes, like I want to tell someone something I read in the Book of Mormon and then I remember that there truly is no one here that knows what the Book of Mormon is. I want to be able to share my experiences with others but I can't."

I then felt prompted to tell him “Heavenly Father loves you" and then felt prompted by the spirit, "Tell him this is not coming from you but this is coming from God." I then testified to him how much Heavenly Father loved him. It was so awesome. I don't know how to explain it. I know in lessons I have felt the spirit and knew what I was saying wasn't coming from me but this was different. I KNEW it was from Heavenly Father. I have felt love for investigators but I don't know if I have truly ever felt and KNEW the love that Heavenly Father had for this man and KNEW that I was speaking on behalf of Him. I KNEW Heavenly Father wanted Bright to know. It was literally the coolest experience I have ever had. It was one of those moments when you don’t want it to end. And Bright knew it was from the Lord and not me. It was so sweet!!!! I don't know how to best explain it or if my words will ever be able to describe how it really felt. It was so powerful. Heavenly Father allowed me to help Bright know how much HE truly loved him and how truly proud HE was of him.

On a less positive note, working in my area, which is a poorer area, has been hard for me to adjust to. Not because they are poor or that the circumstances are different. I don' t mind going to the toilet in a hole in the ground. Haha! It’s just that the people we teach don’t have the leadership or language to really help establish the Church. BUT I know that every soul has great worth. And I know I need to develop more charity for these people and see them as our Heavenly Father does. And we’ll keep looking for good people and keep working hard!! It’s all good! And I know that if someone is truly converted they can strengthen and build the church! We just need to find them!

My new companion is sweet!!! She is so funny!! She’s super bold and doesn't put up with investigators that aren't serious. She’s also really sweet and bold with me too. I love it. I really want to improve and she helps me. We have a sweet relationship, one built on trust so any correction feels like love and concern. I hope that I will be able to keep this attitude throughout my whole life…trying to be the best I can be and willing to take critism and actually act on the critism given. She’s sweet. I love this woman!! I want to serve with her forever! But we’ll probably be split in February.
We are teaching at MLC (Mission Leader Conference) on communication this Wednesday. SUPER SCARED. But it will help me grow and develop my confidence in being in front of people. I’ve been thinking about why I’m so scared and it’s because I’m afraid of what people think which isn't good. I'll try not to be scared and just do it. I keep thinking of Jeff’s quote, " Communication is the key to life." You are the best Jeff!! Such a wise wise guy!!

Investigators are doing well.

OH there was this HUGE rainstorm and HUGE windstorm that destroyed many many houses in my area. It was horrible. Most of our progressing investigators houses were hurt and then many of the recent converts.

Well anyways!! That’s all for now!! Wish I could explain how cool mission is! Everyone should go!!

Love you all!!
Sister Falco :)




No comments:

Post a Comment