Sister Falco is a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Zambia Lusaka Mission. She will train at the South Africa MTC and arrive in Zambia on June 10th.

Monday, January 12, 2015

Mission is so SWEET!



January 12, 2015
 
Hey Family and Friends,

This week has been a huge blessing and a huge adventure. First off you should be thankful that I have written you the past two weeks! Haha!! The power goes off in town for like an hour. And the Internet has been so bad since the rainy season. I don’t know if it is because of the rain or if it’s just by chance.

Well I figured out my major for sure, Business Accounting or Finance. Why? Because MLC (Mission Leader Conference) was so sweet and I think I would be happy in the business world. And the math part that President showed us just made me happy and made me realize how much I actually do like math.

(Mom Note: Carly flew to Lusaka, Zambia where the Mission Home is to attend the Mission Leader Conference this past week.)

Well MLC was easily the best experience of my life. Well maybe not the best. But it was up there. It was incredible. Zambia is super RICH compared to Malawi. It’s like going from Kaysville to London. Well maybe not that dramatic but it was so different! I can’t even imagine how different it will be to be able to go from Zambia to Home.
 
I have the best mission president ever. He’s so sweet. I can’t explain it. It’s the best. I don’t really want to go home!! Oh by the way I am pretty sure I will be going home in December not November. I asked my mission president and I told him that I just want to be home before January and he said that I will be going home probably with Sister Proctor in December. So that’s sweet! MLC was two days of meetings. ALL DAY LONG. It was GREAT though!! We talked about a standard of excellence (which is when I basically decided that I wanted to go into business accounting or finance). MLC was the best experience. I wish you all could be flies on the wall. It’s so hard to explain. I haven’t felt the spirit so strong for such a long time. I even woke up in the middle of the night so excited and couldn’t fall back to sleep because I would start thinking of everything I had experienced the day before. It was the best!!!! It truly is a blessing to be a part of the Lord’s church and the Lord’s work. I loved being reminded of the real purpose of why I am a missionary. It’s the best. I am grateful that I understand this--it makes hard days or hard times much easier. We talked about having our will match our Heavenly Father's will and if we really do this, its hard to be upset or have hard days. I am truly grateful for all that I have learned! Mission is so SWEET.
 
The presentation that I did on communication went well. It was great!! Everyone participated. ALSO these missionaries that I am surrounded by are SUCH GOOD PEOPLE. It’s just a blessing to be surrounded by people who are JUST GOOD. I wish I could just be surrounded by those people my whole life. I guess you just have to marry someone who is a good person and then you are surrounded by a good person your whole life.  :)

I love you all!! Keep going to church reading your scriptures and laughing through the hard times. :) Take life seriously, but remember we have the atonement when we make mistakes or go through hard times.

LOVE YOU!!!

Sister FALCO!!!
 Sister Falco & Sister Proctor
Sisters @ Miission Leader Conference

No comments:

Post a Comment