Sister Falco is a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Zambia Lusaka Mission. She will train at the South Africa MTC and arrive in Zambia on June 10th.

Saturday, December 20, 2014

New Area, New Companion


December 15, 2014

Hey family and friends!!!!!

Hope all is well with everyone!!

Well, this was my last week in Area 47. It’s a great area and I am really sad to leave it but it’s all good!! I am very grateful to have met the people that I did. And, we found some pretty sweet families this week which is super nice!!! Man I can't believe I am leaving!!! But at least I can go on exchanges there. J It will be great!!

We had MLC (Mission Leader Conference) and it was very good!! It was a lot of fun. We did it on the Internet with Skype. President Erickson is the best!!!! He is so cool! We talked about starting a “Standard of Excellence” in the mission. This hasn't been done here before but our mission president is ready and will create it with the APS or maybe start in January. Oh--for the next MLC, we will be flying to LUSAKA, Zambia instead of using Skype. This will be sometime in January. It should be sweet!!

We really did have a week of miracles!!!!! James, an investigator who was avoiding us and lives in Area 47, randomly showed up to church this week!! It was so SWEET!! Like such a miracle!!!!!! And then some random guy that the elders contacted in Mtsiliza showed up at church and he LOVED IT!! Another miracle!!! And then this guy who we have been teaching in Area 47 finally came to church too!!  His name is Brother Beeto and he is so sweet!! I am so grateful that we had the opportunity to teach him. He put his Book of Mormon in a protective case! Sunday was the best—really a miracle Sunday! I am truly grateful that my last Sunday in my area was so good!!

This transfer is kind of weird because I’m staying in the same zone and apartment just working in a different "area”. I don’t know how to explain it!! It feels like I haven't really left and that’s kind of nice.

I am now companions with Sister Quaye!! She is from Ghana and is the best!!! I am really excited to be with her!!:)

Well I think that wraps up this week!!

I am truly grateful to be a missionary. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else!!!

I love you all!!

Sister Falco

No comments:

Post a Comment