Sister Falco is a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Zambia Lusaka Mission. She will train at the South Africa MTC and arrive in Zambia on June 10th.

Monday, November 24, 2014

When it Rains in Africa, it Pours!



Dear Family and Friends!!

This week has been pretty normal!! haha I don’t know what to say anymore. Saukalani’s mom is progressing very well!! Saukalani’s a branch missionary that works with us and is super awesome!!! Completing families is the sweetest!!!

Sister Thomas will be baptized next week on the 30th!! She is the best!! She doesn't speak a squat of English, doesn't even read Chichewa but I love that woman to death. She grew up and both of her parents were blind. It is very humbling to be with her. I want to know how to help someone so uneducated grow and develop in the Gospel. It’s a hard situation but I am grateful to teach her. I truly believe the Lord will take all things into consideration when we are judged.

James lives in 47/2 and is progressing very well!! He wants to be baptized on December 28th! We were thinking about moving it forward because he is ready but we might have to keep it the same because he missed church this Sunday.  He had to go and see a friend. He’s the guy who when we asked a member to teach him with us, they ended knowing each other. They were COLLEGE FRIENDS and went to school together!! It was so sweet to witness that tender mercy.

OH MAN!!! We had our first African rain this week. When it rains in Africa, it POURS!!!!! We were drenched from head to toe!!!! We were out for an appointment but it fell through and our back up also fell through. We were in the rich area so no one let us in their house to teach. It was freezing cold after but felt nice!! I am grateful that the hot season is ending!!

I am grateful for the area I serve in. My recent converts are doing well except for Anita Nyondo. She was baptized Sept. 28. Her mom is very sick so she has to go and visit her for like a month!! And she has already missed three Sundays because she was helping her Mom. I just hope the missionaries follow up when she gets home... Or I follow up! Depending on if I am still in this area.

Thanksgiving looked like fun!! Wait isn't it this coming week?! (We had Thanksgiving dinner with my brother on Sunday and posted photos in our email—which is why she was confused.) I love the Smiths so much. They are definitely the funniest people ever!! I am grateful for the relationship we have with them!!!

The Gospel is true and I am truly grateful to be a missionary. 

Love you all!

Sister Falco

No comments:

Post a Comment