Sister Falco is a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Zambia Lusaka Mission. She will train at the South Africa MTC and arrive in Zambia on June 10th.

Thursday, November 13, 2014

November 10, 2014



Hey Family and Friends,


I used to think the sweetest moments on mission were when our investigators got baptized, but I’ve learned instead that it’s when your recent converts progress like crazy. SO SWEET!! I am so grateful to be able to work with the people here in Malawi. I love people. I think being around people and talking with people is number one on my list of favorite things. I love it! It’s the best. So grateful to be able to serve a mission!! Sister Lunguzi and Steven Lunguzi have shown me there is a difference between knowing the Gospel, reading the scriptures, and living the Gospel. They understand and apply the Gospel and it’s the sweetest experience to see this. I love them. Best people ever!! :)

Training is going good! My companion is good!

Well an update on investigators--I am so impressed with Geophrey! He is a general manager for a non-profit company and he is SO GOOD!!! Like awesome! I don’t know how to explain it. I love when you just connect with people and he is just one of those people. Like you meet them and you automatically love them. He would be a great leader in the church. I pray it works out for him!!!!


Raymond—I’m still am upset about him. We didn't really even try to see him this week, wanted to give him a break but we are having Steven Lunguzi go and talk to him to see if he can figure out what his concerns are. So hopefully that will work out. This guy named James who lives in area 47 came to church, which was sweet!! Oh, we had a baptism this Sunday, too. So great!!



So anyways! This week I have thought a lot about justice and mercy. Sometimes we think, "Oh that's a gray area" so we really don’t have to follow it. But as we read in the scriptures, things are pretty black and white. The scriptures give us the two extremes because we are expected to live the extreme. We might fall short here and there and that’s why we need the Savior. When we justify our actions, we fall short of the blessings that come when fully living as God wants us to. The Savior knows our intents and he knows our heart. I want to always follow Richard G Scott’s advice, LIVE WELL WITHIN THE BOUNDS OF RIGHTEOUSNESS THE LORD HAS SET!

Love you!!!!

Sister Falco



No comments:

Post a Comment