Sister Falco is a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Zambia Lusaka Mission. She will train at the South Africa MTC and arrive in Zambia on June 10th.

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Loving Lilongwe


Hey Family and Friends,

Well this week has been awesome! We basically hit every goal we set so that was sweet!!

Sister Thomas! These people humble me. So this woman has never been taught by missionaries but has been coming to church here and there for about a year. We started teaching her. We needed some information for the baptismal record.  She is blind and when we asked her to sign the baptismal record, we realized she didn’t know how to sign her name! Talk about culture shock. You get to know and love these people in the slums and forget what their circumstances are until you take the time to ask. And it’s humbling because they seem so happy and normal. She has been to church for five weeks in a row so we’re excited. We’re taking our time with her so she’ll be a solid member—not go less active, since that happens a lot, especially in the slums.

Remember that picture I sent of Enock at his baptism and I said his dad will be baptized one day? Well, he will be very soon! We are hoping for December 28, maybe even earlier. He came to church this Sunday! We went and picked him up because he hasn't been keeping this commitment. It was pretty sweet walking with their family to church. I love these people I am not ready to leave Lilongwe Branch for a long time. It’s the BEST!!!

We met a great investigator in area 47 named James. He is funny and makes jokes all the time. We had a super sweet moment when we invited a member to come with us to teach him and the member and him were like best friends. I love moments like these--miracles from our Heavenly Father. And if someone joins the Church from area 47, it’s always a miracle :) :) :) I am so grateful to be a missionary.

My district is the BEST!! I am really grateful for them!! Right when I don't know what I think of my district, they change my mind and make me love them. We have a new Zone leader and he is literally the coolest guy ever! His name is Elder Cholo. He is like the most humble and a powerful missionary!! I love serving around these people! I’m so grateful I have the opportunity to serve with obedient missionaries. So many people told me that their biggest surprise on mission was getting there and seeing all the disobedience of missionaries. Well, I haven’t seen it. I’m so blessed.

Well, that’s all for now. I love you! And thanks for all you do!!

Sister Falco

No comments:

Post a Comment