Sister Falco is a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Zambia Lusaka Mission. She will train at the South Africa MTC and arrive in Zambia on June 10th.

Monday, August 25, 2014

August 25, 2014


Hi Family and Friends!!!

Today will be a shorter email because we went to a wildlife reserve and Malawi park!! Here are some highlights from my week.

The members here in Malawi humble me so much!! They are so great!! There are so many who really put their whole hearts into their callings. They have such strong testimonies and really do know the Church is true. They are willing to give everything it takes to follow the Savior. I love it. I love being able to serve with these people. I love learning from them and look up to them so much. And so many of the missionaries I serve with have the coolest stories and are so willing to serve the Lord.

Peter!! He is AWESOME!! I haven't talked about him much… but he will be baptized soon! I have faith. His wife is a pastor and he said he has to talk to her before he commits. He is ready and the fact that he is a Catholic and his wife is a pastor to a different church, I’m thinking she will say its okay. He is going on a trip to visit her because they live in separate places right now. He is a good husband. Normally in this culture, the wife follows the husband but in this case, he needs to check with her.  I’ll keep you posted.

We also found a young boy who is 12 and wants to be baptized. All the kids in his family are already members. So that’s exciting! Enoch is his name! We are teaching another girl named Anita!! She is from Ntsiliza!! She has been searching for the true church and is willing to be baptized!! I feel like September will be a good month!

I have a strong testimony that the spirit really can speak through you. We were teaching a family who have a lot of concerns about the church. They believe our church belittles women because of the priesthood and they were asking about sealings. They had a particular question and I answered with my testimony on something I had no knowledge about. It was super sweet. I just opened my mouth and the words came out and then after I thought, "What did I just testify about?” I went home and studied it and it was true! It was about the scattering and gathering of Israel and the Abrahamic covenant! Pretty cool.
I guess this will be all for now!

The Church is true! Make it a priority

Sister Falco

No comments:

Post a Comment