Sister Falco is a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Zambia Lusaka Mission. She will train at the South Africa MTC and arrive in Zambia on June 10th.

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Happy, Dancing Convert

September 14, 2015

Dear Family and Friends,

Mission is the best! I am grateful to be a missionary!

Well since you didn’t get the email about Joel, I will tell you a little bit about Joel, our recent convert. He is great! The missionaries were teaching him for a while and he struggled because of his drinking problem but he progressed and was ready to be baptized. The week of his baptism he was so cute. He made me so happy. He would dance around his room saying “I’m going to be baptized!” It was darling. It was a great day when he was baptized. Such a great convert!

We have two progressing investigators. They are both great people; we will see what happens. One is super into the Bible and believes he is switching Gods if he joins our church. We’ll see how it goes.

Our mission curfew was changed so we can stay out later. Everyday when we walk home, it’s usually in the dark. I look around at the place I am in and I just feel so much gratitude, I am so grateful for the experiences I am having and I am so grateful that I am growing and becoming. I really am so happy for everything. I am so grateful to be a missionary. It is easily the best thing I have ever done, and has laid a great and fantastic foundation that will bless me throughout my life.

I really want to be a more genuine person, I feel sometimes I am so forgetful and it makes me so ingenuine and sometimes I feel I have guile--I do things for the wrong reasons, but I will work on it.

A quote I found and love: “Don’t sweat the small stuff, just keep climbing up the ladder”.

Transfers happened this week. I am with Sister Natsla and we will be STL’s again which means I will be driving. I am a little scared because the last time I was driving I crashed. But it will be great to serve in this way. I’ll be fine.

I am grateful to be a missionary!
Sister Falco

This is from Mom-- I got to hang out with this cute recently returned missionary from Zambia! He just returned on Saturday and spent quite a bit of time in areas where Carly served. It was fun to hear stories he had to tell on her and best of all...he brought a flashdrive full of pictures!! I'll post some more soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment