Sister Falco is a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Zambia Lusaka Mission. She will train at the South Africa MTC and arrive in Zambia on June 10th.

Sunday, September 27, 2015

Can't Borrow Light


September 21, 2015

Dear Family and friends,

I am really grateful to be a missionary. I have felt so much joy this week and I’m loving every minute of it. It’s the best!

I learned something this week--there is so much importance in daily scripture study. This week was transfers so we picked up my companion on Tuesday and missed personal and companionship study. And then on Wednesday we took sisters to the airport to go to the Copperbelt so we missed it again. We had a service project on Thursday and missed it again. On Tuesday, we were talking to a guy who is atheist that kept questioning us and pounding us with questions and for some reason it got to me a little bit. The conversation kept playing over and over and over in my head. And I was full of doubt. I was frustrated with myself. I have been on mission for 15 months and I have had some of the most amazing experiences and here I am doubting. Finally Friday came and I had personal study and felt so much peace and so much joy from reading the scriptures and the doubt disappeared. What President Mckay said is true, “You cannot borrow anyone’s light for an extended period of time, not even your own.” I reflect on President McKay’s talk so much as a missionary. I feel it is exactly what I needed to hear before my mission. CHOOSE To believe! There MUST be opposition, there will be doubt but we must choose to believe.

Zambia had its first Stake Conference on Sunday. It was so powerful. I loved it. It was like being home again. It was such a blessing to be able to attend.

I really want to be accountable to the Lord and accountable to myself. I really want to do my best, to be the best and always try my best. I really am grateful for all that I have been given.

Being a missionary is the best.
Sister Falco

Gospel Matching Game



New Companion from Uganda, Sister Butali, who was also my MTC Companion
I knew her family when I did humanitarian trip in Uganda!



No comments:

Post a Comment