Sister Falco is a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Zambia Lusaka Mission. She will train at the South Africa MTC and arrive in Zambia on June 10th.

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Mission is the hardest thing you will ever love!


June 1, 2015

Dear Family and Friends,

I love you all so very much!! I am so grateful to be a missionary!! It’s THE best!!! Literally THE best!!! I won't lie… I’m a pretty strong person; I don't really get homesick that easily. But still mission hasn't been the easiest. Mission is the "hardest" thing you will ever love. 

I don't know what else to write, I left my study journal and today has been crazy haha. Been running around all day so my brain is kind of scattered. We had baptisms in Ndirande!!! THE BEST!!!!!!!!!! I am so grateful to be apart of the celestial branch! haha I have never met a branch that is so involved. We have this sweet guy named Praise who just welcomes our recent converts like no one’s business. He finds them and sits with them during the meetings. This branch is the best!! I have never seen any thing like it. These people understand the gospel!!

Oh sad story, we met a former investigator from a year ago who visited the church once. He told us that his wife was traumatized at church. So we went and.. It took a while to figure out his concern but we just were quiet and did active listening. And he said he didn't like the church because there was NO LOVE. It is so sad. I wanted to die. And he is starting his own church and teaching the “Gospel of Love”. We as members of the church of Jesus Christ need to step it up and need to show more love to people. Ndirande is the best and most loving branch now so it’s possible to change!!

Someone asked me this question: What’s my favorite moment on mission? My answer…
It’s all the best. I don't know what my favorite part is. I love every moment. I love the hard moments. The moments when you feel like you can't do it or you feel like you are the worst missionary and you feel like you are so inadequate and then…when you pray, you feel Heavenly Father’s love. I love those moments. Those are the best moments I hope to never forget. The success is great, seeing investigator progress is great, seeing wards and branches participate is great. And they are all the best. But there is nothing like feeling Heavenly Father’s love when you know and feel you are inadequate, when you make mistakes and feel like Peter as he weeps after he denies Christ. I love being a missionary and all the things I’m learning. 

Love,
Sister Falco

 Baptisms in Ndirande Branch

 For all those people who think Africa is just villages! hahaha

 Ndirande Branch...the Celestial Branch!

 Our One Year Photo--Sister Dlamini is THE BEST!!

 The Girls' Baptism...cute, cute!!

 The one and only SUSAN!! Branch missionary who always works with us. She is THE BEST!!

 The view was spectacular...photo doesn't do it justice!

No comments:

Post a Comment