Sister Falco is a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Zambia Lusaka Mission. She will train at the South Africa MTC and arrive in Zambia on June 10th.

Thursday, June 18, 2015

A Great Week


June 15, 2015

Hey Family and Friends,

Mission is the best!!! I am so grateful for everything!! It’s the best!!!!!!! We have had a great week!! I am not really sure what to say except that this branch is the celestial branch. I have never met such devoted members and such good, good people.  It makes it impossible not to give your heart to them. I have never seen a branch functioning so well. It’s not perfect but the members are true Latter-Day Saints. The people have their struggles--everyone has a family member who struggles with drinking. But they still come to church and they still are trying their best to improve. That’s why I love this branch because it’s full of people who haven’t given up yet. 

“The nearer we get to our Heavenly Father, the more we are disposed to look with compassion on perishing souls. We feel as if we want to take them upon our shoulders, and cast their sins (or effects of sin) behind our backs.” – Joseph Smith. He is THE BEST!!

Another quote I really like is  “A man is saved no faster than he gets knowledge, for if he does not get knowledge, he will be brought into captivity by some evil power in the other world, as evil spirits will have more knowledge, and consequently more power than many men who are on earth.” I love this quote! It helps me to see why doing the little things is so important. Scripture study and Sabbath day, and meaningful prayer is needed or we will be easily misled and fall into the traps of Satan.

So the Fellium family is A MIRACLE!!!!!!!!!! I am so grateful to have been teaching them!! Sister Fellium has been coming to church and is so ready for baptism. She invited her son and he’s been coming, too. We met the Dad while watching the Restoration film in their home. The next time we saw him was on Saturday and he was drunk but guess what, HE CAME TO CHURCH!!! It was the best thing that has ever happened to me. I love Sister Fellium. She is always taking notes on how to be a better mom and she really wants her husband to be a member and her whole family. We were talking to her one day and said, "You are the best, Sister Fellium. Thanks SOOO much for introducing us to your family." And she said, "Its what I’ve always wanted--my family to be religious." She will be baptized probably on the 28th. Her son will shortly follow and then her husband will follow eventually, can't wait. She has always told us these sad stories of her husband having a drinking problem and we met him when he was drunk and I was scared he was going to be embarrassed and not come to church, but he came. It was a miracle. I AM SO GRATEFUL to be a missionary. It’s the best!!!!!!!!!! Moments like these make me never want to come home. I will try my best to never take any day for granted, and to truly consecrate myself. I don't really know why the Lord has blessed me with these prime people. A dead area, alive again, and only through the Lord was it possible. I can't take credit. I truly am doing nothing; the Lord is hastening the work and I am so blessed to be a missionary.

We are also teaching Evans--he talks and talks!!  He is the best investigator I have ever met. He is like my Dad away from home, and Ian is like my grandpa away from home, (I sent you a picture of them) and we also have some cute teenagers who are coming to church. We also are teaching Monson... One of THE BEST investigators!!! EVER!!!!!!! He is so deep. We call him the rough diamond, because you wouldn't expect him to love the Gospel the way he does. He will be baptized soon!!!!!!! He wants to badly but he has his struggles; his story is hard. I wish I could just give these people money and take away their burdens. But I guess the Gospel takes away the most important burden. I love being a missionary. It’s the best experience ever!!

I LOVE YOU ALL!!!
Have a good week. Mission is the best. The church is true!!
Love
Sister Falco

 Sisters in their mission car...a truck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment