Sister Falco is a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Zambia Lusaka Mission. She will train at the South Africa MTC and arrive in Zambia on June 10th.

Thursday, May 7, 2015

Last Week's Email - Sister Falco's been Transferred!


April 27, 2015

Hey Family and Friends

First off--I am being transferred!!! And, I am going to Blantyre!!!!! I am so sad to leave Lilongwe. It’s crazy that I actually am. haha I thought I was going to be here forever!! It’s hard to leave but I am also very excited to see the new area. Its definitely bittersweet!! I feel very happy and very grateful to be on a mission in Malawi! It’s one of the best experiences I will probably ever have in my life. :) I hope that I never take one day for granted as I serve as a missionary.

Conference was very good and I feel very blessed to have listened to it when I did. I feel like it helped uplift me and gave me the strength and courage to carry on. I am very grateful to be a part of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and even more grateful to be a missionary. I hope that I will be able to do all that I can to serve with all of my heart. I feel like I have felt more joy as a missionary the past couple weeks. And I haven't really been able to figure out why, but I feel my repentance is more sincere than it has been in the past. And honestly when I get on my knees every night I feel like it’s a privilege to kneel and ask for forgiveness.  I feel sorrow as I realize the mistakes I make each day--not being as focused as I should be, making jokes a little too much, not being patient. But each day I feel like I wake up with a desire to do what’s right and I feel so much joy in the work.  Although I make mistakes and I fall short I feel like my frustration level isn't always there like it has been in the past. It has turned instead into more gratitude for the Savior and a realization that I truly need to do all I can to be worthy and faithful.

I feel an indescribable gratitude for the Savior and all that he does. I feel like my relationship with my Heavenly Father is stronger than ever before and I understand more His true nature. This understanding has helped me to have the courage to face any difficulty and try to do so with an attitude like Job. “Happy is the man whom the Lord chastens.” This relationship with my Heavenly Father has motivated me to try to do my best and become the best I can. It has helped me to have charity for others.

I’ve learned that you never fully understand the joy of the Gospel until you experience it. You never know God’s true nature until you study it and come to know Him through prayer. And sometimes this happens because you’re motivated by a trial or a tribulation. I know it’s better to be self-motivated but trials help us to learn to lean on and trust in our Heavenly Father. I feel as we try to realign our will to God’s will, we learn to know Him, and we learn He truly knows us and cares about us and our trials and struggles. And if we feel forgotten, it’s might be because we have forgotten to trust Him or forgotten to listen.

I am grateful to be a missionary. I truly never want to wish any day away. I don't want to take any day for granted. Coming to know why I’m a missionary and what my purpose is is really the greatest gift Heavenly Father has ever given me.

I will be leaving to my new area tomorrow morning at 6:30 am! I’m all packed and ready to go. Remember that I love you and I am grateful for all that you do.

Love,
Sister Falco

Andy and His Cat


Great People!!

Lilongwe Missionaries

Sunset with Sister Quaye

No comments:

Post a Comment