Sister Falco is a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Zambia Lusaka Mission. She will train at the South Africa MTC and arrive in Zambia on June 10th.

Thursday, May 7, 2015

I am in Blantyre!


May 4, 2015

Hey Family and Friends,

I am in Blantyre!!! IT’S THE MOST BEAUTIFUL PLACE I HAVE EVER BEEN!!!! I am so very grateful to be a missionary!!! It’s the best!!! This place has a ton of mountains. Its green and its awesome!! I have been here before for the mission tour and the Christmas combined zone activity, but I never knew how beautiful it was until now!! There are hikes and there is everything here that makes me happy! Haha It’s the best!!!

In my area we hike everywhere! The houses are on hills. It’s so sweet!! I wish you could just be here!! I am very grateful for my area!! The area honestly has been dead for five months. They just had their first baptism in five months!! Hopefully we can find more people who are prepared and ready for the Gospel.

The sisters here are like perfect, celestial beings. haha I love them all. They are so NICE!--the epitome of nice. My companion is super sweet!!!!!!

So I studied an interesting thing this week. I’ve often wondered what causes people to rebel. I’ve always thought it was because of a lack of love or the obvious one—pride. But I’ve come to realize that another reason for rebellion is when someone is offended. I was studying the story in the Bible when Jesus Christ calls himself the “Bread of Life”. Many were offended by this statement and they “went away”. When we feel offended, we often want to leave and do our own thing. We become unteachable. Avoiding being offended is something we should work on. Human relationships are much like our relationship with our Father in Heaven. We need to work to not take offense with the requirements that come from God. We need to trust Him and seek to understand Him. I don’t know if this all makes sense. But I know that I need to be better and I know I want to be more like my Heavenly Father and be more swallowed up in His will.

I love being a missionary!

And, I love you!

Sister Falco

1 comment:

  1. Am very happy that you are happy in Blantyre, Lilongwe misses you alot and I miss you! God bless you...love you so much!

    Sister Hope.

    ReplyDelete