Sister Falco is a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Zambia Lusaka Mission. She will train at the South Africa MTC and arrive in Zambia on June 10th.

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Forever Lilongwe!


April 20, 2015

Dear Family and Friends,

I am grateful to be a missionary!!!!! It’s the best!!!!!! And I am so grateful to be serving here in Malawi. Forever Lilongwe! (Sister Falco has served in the same city—Lilongwe--and lived in the same apartment the first 11 months of her mission—she may be here forever!)

It was a great week. We had one baptism in area 25 (Sister Quaye & I’s area - Kalambo) and one in area 47 (Sister Rasband’s area) all in one day!!! It was crazy but it was great!!!! WE BARELY made it to area 47, saw him baptized and then had to quickly leave for the next one. It was sweet, though!!! We’re still in a three-some. Sister Rasband’s companion should get her VISA soon and arrive this week! It’s been kind of tough working in my old area . . . definitely bittersweet. I miss my first area ALOT and don't realize it until I am actually there.

We have not had a chance to watch General Conference! The plan is to do so this Saturday and Sunday... And I am SO EXCITED. I feel like Conference has a whole new meaning for missionaries. I’ve always liked Conference but I get sooooo excited for it on mission.

Recently, I’ve focused my studies on gratitude. Being grateful in every circumstance is important but not always easy. I never noticed before how often in the scriptures it commands us to be grateful to God for ALL things.  I loved when Elder Uchtdorf said, "being grateful is a catalyst to all Christ-like attributes,” and “ a thankful heart is the parent to all virtues."

It’s so true! As we practice being grateful, other virtues will be developed! Charity comes when we are thankful for the good we see in others. Patience comes when we feel gratitude knowing someone is doing the best they can, even if it’s not all we had hoped for. Hope comes when we see the small miracles in life and realize how grateful we are for them. I know being thankful leads to a joyful life and my hope is to develop a more grateful attitude in my life. I want to be more positive even in trials and be grateful for them because I know I will grow and learn from them.

Life is a blessing--a huge blessing! I’m so grateful for my life and the opportunities that are mine. I’m grateful for the wonderful people I’ve met on my mission and the things they’ve taught me. I’m grateful for the Gospel and I know it’s true!! I’m so, so blessed!!

Love to you all!

Sister Falco





No comments:

Post a Comment