Sister Falco is a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Zambia Lusaka Mission. She will train at the South Africa MTC and arrive in Zambia on June 10th.

Monday, February 16, 2015

Good News! I'm Still in Malawi!!


February 16, 2015

Good news!!! I didn’t get transferred! I am still in MALAWI!! And my area is doing super well!!!!! Hopefully I’ll be here in Lilongwe when it becomes a District depending on when that happens. President said it would be sometime in March so there’s a good chance I’ll be here for that! I am very grateful to stay!! We have a lot of progressing investigators!! Man mission is the best!!! I am so happy I’m in the ZLM (Zambia Lusaka Mission)!!

I’ve learned a lot of great things this week in my studies and have focused on how to love to the Savior. We know in the scriptures that the first great commandment is to love the Lord. The crowning characteristic of love is loyalty. So how are we loyal to Him? We need to remember to trust that our Father’s ways are not always our ways. And we have to remember that He loves us and wants what is best for us.

Loyalty is so important. If Jesus Christ wasn't loyal to our Father in Heaven, he might not have performed the atonement. If Joseph Smith decided that the Lord required too much and decided to be lazy or slothful in his duty, the Church might not have been restored. The list can go on and on. Loyalty is CRUCIAL. Loyalty is doing what the Lord would have us do, being swallowed up in the will of the Father. I was thinking, if I'm not loyal, its not like I’m Joseph Smith or Jesus Christ! BUT I am a DAUGHTER of GOD. We can be EXALTED if we are LOYAL. As members of the Church of Jesus Christ Of Latter day Saints, WE ALL have CALLINGS whether it be visiting teaching/home teaching, Priesthood responsibilities, nursery, primary, missionary…so many callings, so many options. AND SO MUCH RESPONSIBILTY! The worth of one soul is so important and if we fulfill our callings, we can help others. And if we don't, we can definitely hinder the growth of someone else. I am grateful to be a missionary that’s for sure and the chance it gives me to work on being completely loyal.

Another thing I’ve been thinking about is the Law of Consecration. Consecration is key to salvation and we all have made a covenant in the temple to be consecrated. The prophets of old--EVERY single on--lived a very consecrated life. ABRAHAM was willing to kill his son, Joseph was willing to do what’s right even though he was put into prison, and Joseph Smith suffered in jail. I feel like LOYALTY and LOVE are key to becoming a consecrated missionary and that is what I’m striving for. I am grateful to be a missionary and grateful to be learning so much. I will be a better person. I will be who the Lord wants me to be and go where the Lord wants me to go. I will not look back at my mistakes but move forward trying my best to improve. I will be a consecrated missionary!

I LOVE YOU ALL!!!! YOU ARE THE BEST!!
(I'll try and switch computers to send pictures!!

Love you!!!
Sister Falco

Lots of fun pictures this week. No details about the photos, except for "Goooooood People" on a few of them! She looks so happy!!










No comments:

Post a Comment