Sister Falco is a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Zambia Lusaka Mission. She will train at the South Africa MTC and arrive in Zambia on June 10th.

Friday, July 11, 2014

July 7, 2014


July 1- July 2, 2014

My comp is in Lusaka for three days so I went on a threesome with the other sisters. It was fun and I learned a lot from them. It’s awesome to see how everyone does things differently and you can really learn from EVERYONE. I loved a lot of their styles of teaching planning. And I got a lot closer to those girls, too. Their area was AWESOME!!! I loved it!! It was more middle-class not so richy rich.

July 3, 2014

I've only been out a month, but one of the biggest things I’ve learned is to trust Preach my Gospel. The prophets wrote this to help us be great missionaries. I know I’m not going to be perfect as a missionary but I would hope my companion would correct me when I’m not, rather than have me continue in my error. Another thing I think is important is to just appreciate your companion or wife or husband. They aren't perfect but they are trying. They might get annoyed with you or whatever but just appreciate them. It reminds me of my favorite quote on Charity--the one from my talk.



Today was a good day!! My companion was sick, though, so we went home early but we had the opportunity to go to Nseliza and meet some awesome members--sometimes active members and sometimes inactive. Ha-ha. Nseliza is awesome! Christopher and Blessings Kapopo. We went and visited Alex and Jennifer (Lehi’s dream people) but they weren't available. I think I might of talked about this before but I love how the prophets and leaders in the scriptures are so compassionate to literally EVERYONE. "Did cause them to quake and tremble." They were "weighed down, anguish to the soul" what an awesome awesome example! I hope to one day be able to understand the value of people like the people in the scriptures do.

June 4, 2014

Today was a great day!! So awesome!! We did weekly planning and then went to the leaders meeting (the sister leader (my comp), zone leaders, and district leaders, and then me ha-ha). They set some goals as a zone. Wow I love how much love they have for the mission and how much they care about reaching their goals.

After that we went and taught Fred!! What a great guy!! He’s awesome. He read three chapters of the Book of Mormon! WOOHOO!! We read the Doctrine of Christ and he said he would be baptized if he came to know it was true. But then he said; "Now I can tell the Book of Mormon is not replacing the Bible." WOOHOO! What a beautiful statement from an investigator.


The lesson with Brother Mkandarir was hard!! He’s such a good guy. My heart just hurts for this man! He knows it’s true but he can't give up everything. It’s so sad. He’s struggling with the idea that he has to give up his calling as a church elder. His wife is supportive of seeing us and talking to us but she has no interest. He’s so good. He says he prays everyday that he can be a good servant to the Lord but he doesn't want to leave his church because he is being a good servant and feels like he’s doing a lot of good. I love this guy! Just pray for him. 


The UGANDANS!!! POWERFUL LESSON!! We taught with Elder and Sister stones (senior couple)!! They are powerful!! They blew this lesson away and at the end, Enoch (the dad) said, "Not gonna lie--these young people always brought the spirit but I didn't really believe them, until you guys came”. (the older couple) What beautiful words! We just need to make that foundation stronger by getting them to read the Book of Mormon so the family continues to know it’s true. And they committed to be baptized.

July 5, 2014 

Brenda!! We taught Brenda with a member present. Those are always the most powerful lessons when the member is present!! Africans are great people. 

We met with Belta and her brothers!! AWESOME FAMILY!! We walked in and her brothers were HUGE. There muscles were HUGE. Like HUGE. I was afraid of them! ha-ha. But they ended up being really awesome and spiritual! Africans are so awesome and humble.

We visited a less active member. The members are so great, even the less active ones. So humble. So willing to listen to you as you call them unto repentance. So great. I’m learning a lot from these people and their humility. I look at myself and think if I was less active, I would definitely not want to talk to missionaries. But they are so willing and so willing to say they are making a mistake. It’s amazing. Truly is amazing. I’m grateful for their examples.

July 6, 2014

THE UGANDANS AND FRED came to church! WOOHOOO. So nice to have progressing investigators.

Thanks for your support!!

Love you all!!

Sister Falco

No comments:

Post a Comment