Sister Falco is a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Zambia Lusaka Mission. She will train at the South Africa MTC and arrive in Zambia on June 10th.

Monday, October 12, 2015

Cultivate an Unquenchable Appetite for Learning



October 12, 2015

Dear Family and Friends,

"Cultivate an unquenchable appetite for learning."

I feel my dependence or my desire to have meaningful studies is so good on mission, but I am so afraid I will go home and lose my desire to learn all that I can about the Gospel. Obviously I won’t have as much time, but I really hope my desire to grow in the Gospel and in my knowledge will continue to increase.

The relationship we have with God places us in a situation to advance in knowledge. He places laws in order for us weaker intellignences to become as He is. I really, really love that quote. I feel if we fully understand our potential to become like Him and that He wants each of us to become like him, that is his sole purpose or brings Him so much joy. This should help us trust him and more fully love and follow him.

“The nearer man approaches perfection, the clearer his views and the greater his enjoyments.” I really love this quote as well. I feel the more knowledge we gain, we are motivated to live on a higher and see life through a clearer window. Knowledge is the way we can move from grace to grace. We can only progress as we gain knowledge and I feel really blessed to be a missionary. It’s the perfect place to have all the time in the world to gain knowledge and apply it.

Well we have some sweet investigators!

Grace…She is darling! So cute! I love her so much!! She is a member referral. She came to church a little while ago… and then stopped and then showed up last week.

John… He went to school to take an exam…so we’ll probably move back his baptismal date.

Samson… He should be baptized on date! Its fantastic!

Joel is doing well. He didn’t come to church, which isn’t good, but he is doing well and seems a lot happier. 

I don’t know what else to say…except that the Church is true! And I love being a missionary. It’s never been better. My companion is great!!

I love you!!!! ALL!!

Sister Falco


No comments:

Post a Comment